Jesus Heals Two Blind Men
27 (A)And as Jesus passed on from there, two blind men followed him, crying aloud, “Have mercy on us, (B)Son of David.” 28 When he entered the house, the blind men came to him, and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to him, “Yes, Lord.” 29 (C)Then he touched their eyes, saying, (D)“According to your faith be it done to you.” 30 And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly warned them, (E)“See that no one knows about it.” 31 (F)But they went away and spread his fame through all that district.
Jesus Heals a Man Unable to Speak
32 As they were going away, behold, a (G)demon-oppressed man who was mute (H)was brought to him. 33 And when the demon had been cast out, the mute man spoke. And the crowds (I)marveled, saying, “Never was anything like this seen in Israel.” 34 But the Pharisees said, “He casts out demons by the prince of demons.”
- Matthew 9:27 : [ch. 20:30-34]
- Matthew 9:27 : ch. 12:23; 15:22; 20:30, 31; 22:42; See ch. 1:1
- Matthew 9:29 : Mark 8:25; John 9:6
- Matthew 9:29 : See ver. 2
- Matthew 9:30 : See ch. 8:4
- Matthew 9:31 : Mark 1:45; 7:36
- Matthew 9:32 : [ch. 12:22-24; Luke 11:14, 15]
- Matthew 9:32 : See ch. 4:24
- Matthew 9:33 : [Mark 1:27]
English Standard Version (ESV)The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download